I have to say that they worked with to many hacks and workarounds such as:
dependency on mounted procfs with -o linux option.
I have rewritten some lvm2tools/lib/filter/filter.c file to use NetBSD sysctl kern.drivers
knob instead of linux /proc/devices file. I have to say that get data with sysctl is much more easier than parsing text files from procfs .
With all these changes in lvm2tools I can now use pv* and vg* commands to manipulate volume groups, physical volumes. There are some issues with lv*
commands. Problem is located somewhere in libdevmapper I have to
investigate this further.
In my local branch I have also propagated changes in versiom 2.02.34-cvs (2008-01-31) of lvm2tools to my org.netbsd.haad.dm.lvm2 branch. I have to fix some conflicts
and I will push this update to public repo.
In libdevmapper I have changed lib/ioctl/libdm_iface.c: get_proc_major to use sysctl again and not to use procfs.
All changes can be seen here